Bananas are a very good substitute for eggs if you’re vegan and like eating cakes!
If you’re not vegan, it is ok, you can add an egg in your banana bread prep, but it is not necessary in this recipe!
- 4 large ripe bananas (or 5 medium ripe bananas)
- 180 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, or any neutral oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soya milk or any dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50 g 70 % cocoa dark chocolate
If you want to store your banana bread for days, skip steps 2 and 8, you can decorate your cake with chopped walnuts or hazelnuts instead of banana slices !
- Preaheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Farenheit)
- Save half of a banana for the end of the recipe
- Mash the bananas (i use a mixer)
- Add all the ingredients, mix well
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Pour 2/3 of the banana bread mixture into the pan
- Add the chocolate and the rest of the mixture
- Cut the saved banana into slices and lay the slices on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes