Here it is, my very first recipe on the blog !
Granola is very simple to make at home.
You can release you creativity and easily create your own granola recipe.
Last but not least, homemade granola is far cheaper than granola you’ll find in your organic shop! And if you’re vegan, you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen.
Here is an example of recipe, with my “Classic granola with almonds and walnuts”.
I always make a lot of granola because I share it with my family. If you have a very small oven, reduce all the ingredient by half. If you don’t have all the ingredients, it’s ok you can try it :), but you’ll need at least, oats, oil and maple syrup.
Ingredients (for 3 to four large jars of granola)
- 10 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup vegetable oil (i use grape seeds oil)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1,5 cup chopped almonds
- 1,5 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds (if you like it)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chocolat coated pumpkin seeds or chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (if you like it)
- Preheat oven to 150 dregrees Celcius (or 300 degrees farenheit).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, oil and maple syrup. Mix well until every oat is lightly coated.
- Add nuts/seeds/coconut to the bowl and mix well again.
- Line a large and rimmed baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the granola onto your pan and spread it in an even layer of around 2 cm. Bake until golden (between 30 and 40 minutes), stirring halfway. Repeat with the rest of your prep.
- Let your granola cool. Then break it in pieces and add the dried fruits and the chocolate chips. Store your granola in large jars.
You can store your granola at room temperature for weeks (4-6 weeks, i’ve never tried longer)!
I usually eat my granola with soya yogurt or soya milk and fresh fruits (bananas, berries, pears…), or i make a granola bowl lol (the picture is great but it wasn’t as good as it looks, too many flavours… failed attempt!!)